Welcome to GUMBAYA HOME FURNISHINGS
Search our wide selection of afﬁliate Home Furnishings products,
an extensive assortment of contemporary style
and unique products that compliment your decor.
SOFAS & CHAIRS
Home Furnishing Shopping Recommendations
- Choose small scale furnishings that ﬁt into multiple spaces around the house.
- Selecting furnishings that you can use in any room in your home is a very practical idea. We suggest choosing furniture and accessories that will function in either a small or large room, provide ample storage options, and can be moved to other parts of the house whenever you want.
- Select a neutral color scheme (tan, gray, navy blue, green, white or black) for upholstery. A neutral color will “backdrop” the room. Ensure that your fabric is durable to last for years.
- Storage is often in short supply in many homes. Choose furnishings that provide drawers or hangers, like an armoire. It can be used in a living room, bedroom, foyer, and other rooms.
- Whether you’re furnishing a living room or den, consider using a couple of love seats instead of a large sofa. These are easier to move around and can form corner seating that creates a conversational area. You can also use them separately in other rooms.
- Collect pillows, fabrics, and accessories that harmonize with your backdrop color. You can change accessories with each season, giving your room a fresh look all year. On a navy blue love seat, you could choose yellow print pillows for summer and tan pillows for winter.
- Consider using aﬀordable slipcovers to change the appearance of a sofa or a chair.
- Select a unique table base with a plate glass table top. You could make your own side tables out of plywood, then cover them with a felt overlay (for softness) and a decorative outer fabric. These can be used in your living room or as bedroom nightstands.
- It’s a good idea to choose lamps, vases, side chairs, and pillows in pairs. They can add dimension and versatility to your rooms.
- Establish and stick to a color scheme. Begin with shades of white or your backdrop color and choose furnishings that will compliment the color scheme. Using one color scheme throughout the house will allow you to move things easily from room to room and look good wherever you use them.
- If built-in storage space like closets are in short supply, choose furnishings that have storage in them, like a coﬀee table with drawers or an ottoman with a lift top. A single drawer or shelf can make a huge diﬀerence to uncluttered a room.
- Consider using your furniture an accessories in unusual ways, like adding a love seat at the foot of the bed, or an armoire that holds an entertainment system.
- Have conﬁdence to experiment and determine what works best with what you have. If you’ve chosen versatile furnishings, you’ll enjoy arranging them with the ﬂexibility they provide.